Monday, March 12, 2007

something worth telling

Miles away from the ground in between the islands of the Philippines on my way to Singapore, thousand thoughts came through my mind that makes sleeping a bad idea and so I had to write.

A few days or probably wks ago while sorting through my things I stumbled upon old memories. The only link left that I have with the man I tried desperately to forget. And i did but somehow the memories just keep on surfacing... The only picture that we had together, I didn't linger on it though and i hid it immediately. I'm not yet ready to see him, not now.. not even in pic.

While on vacation, I met friends. Old friends who asked about you. Yeah, it's more than a year now. However, this was the first time I saw my friends after such a long time. And yes, they didn't know you personally but they knew you from me. And just like anyone else, when a person is in love, you shout it to the world and I did, that's why. The only response I could give them was next question, pls! with a wide grin.

Going back to the pic, no, I would not tear nor burn it. It will stay where I hid it and I know that the next time I stumbled upon it, I may or may not be ok. Perhaps, I might vomit with the sight of you nor get depressed just like the old times but unless someone asked me to throw it then I would but for now, I wont. For one day, when I'm old with gray hairs and grandchildren seated on my knees... it's something worth telling and showing, that once when their lola is still young she fell in love with that handsome frog prince...

No comments: